Who we are
At the heart of it all
Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength. - Barbara Katz Rothman
- We believe in sentient birthing. A sentient birth means that a woman has all the tools needed to be completely present and aware during the birthing process, and allowed to make informed choices about their birthing experience - the birth setting, interventions (or lack thereof), and your practitioners.
- We believe all laboring women and their partners should feel appreciated, respected, supported, and heard, so that they can feel involved in the process of their birth.
- We believe in giving mothers the tools to self-advocate before, during, and after the birth experience. We stand by every client to have the birth that they desire and to make the choices they believe to be the best for mother and baby.
- Our mission is to empower, educate, and coach mothers to be their own advocate during childbirth.
- Our mission is to give all mothers the support and care that they deserve.
- Our mission is to make doula services accessible to all mothers.
- Maternal Health of Black Women
We advocate for the safe and healthy maternal heath of all women! However, Black woman experience disparate treatment in the healthcare system, in general, and specifically as it relates to pregnancy, labor, and postpartum care.
According to the CDC, Black women in the United States are two to three times more likely to die from pregnancy-related causes than white women, due to differences in access to care, the quality of care, and prevalence of chronic disease stemming from racial bias and indifference towards Black women within the healthcare system.
We are dedicated to doing our part to eliminate these inequalities, and to have a positive impact on our community at large. We are committed to providing the highest quality of support, education, and advocacy for women in the Black community, whose needs have historically been ignored.
- Accessibility to Birth Support for Disadvantaged Woman & Families
We firmly believe that every woman deserves quality care and support during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. We are dedicated to making our services accessible to the women who may not have the financial resources to pay for doula services. With this in mind, we've created the Every Woman Deserves A Doula Program to make available free and discounted services to low-income families, teen mothers, and single-mothers who have been widowed due to the death of the father.
Are you ready to begin your birthing journey?
Call us at (904) 386-7184 or select the link below to get started.